Tuesday, November 8, 2011
November Baby Quiz
1. How much larger do babies' brains grow between birth and adulthood?
a) Two times larger than at birth
b) Three times larger than at birth
c) Four times larger than at birth
2. Approximately, how many neurons (nerve cells) are babies born with?
a) 100 million neurons (nerve cells)
b) 100 billion neurons (nerve cells)
c) 100 trillion neurons (nerve cells)
3. When do the areas of the brain that are most active in language development grow fastest?
a) Between birth and 18 months
b) Between 6 months and 24 months
c) Between 12 months and 36 months
4. True or False? The part of the brain that is used for planning and self-control is well developed by the time a baby is 12 months old.
5. What is the function of “mirror neurons?”