Here are the answers to last week's quiz.
1. True or False: Healthy babies cry for 1-4 hours per day. The answer is True. Healthy babies usually cry between 1 and 4 hours a day. Some babies may cry less and some may cry more. Crying is just one way babies communicate.
2. When do most babies start smiling on purpose? Most babies start social smiling at 6-8 weeks old. You may see a newborn smile once in a while, but it is just a reflex. Even though they haven't gained control over their smiles, young babies love to see your smiling face!
3. What is the greatest amount of children born to one woman? The record number of babies born to one woman is 69. According to the Guinness World Records, in the 1700s a Russian peasant gave birth to 16 pairs of twins, 7 sets of triplets, and 4 sets of quadruplets.
4. What percentage of a newborn's weight is from the head? A baby's head makes up 25% of their body weight. If you think babies' heads seem big for their bodies, you are right. Adults' heads make up only about 8% of their body weight.
5. What percentage of babies take their first step by 11 months of age? The answer is 10%. Another 40% take steps around their first birthday. Another 10% take their first steps by 15 months old. When it comes to walking, there is a wide range of what is normal. Babies learn to walk at their own pace, most often between 9 and 16 months of age.
How'd you do? We'd love to hear from you!
Next Time: Starting solid foods
Post a Comment